There are tons of standing aid for elderly out there.
Which ones are best for you? We break down what type is best for seniors and which brands to try.
After reading this article, you’ll be able to quickly decide which standing aid for elderly is right for you and your companion.
List of 10 Best standing aid for elderly: Tested by Seniors
1. SitnStand Portable Smart Rising Seat – Chair Lift Assist Devices for Seniors & Elderly – Medical Seat Lifter Riser, Couch Standing aid Portable Recliner Chairs for Adults (Battery & Charger Included)
- SITNSTAND STANDARD PACK: Safe & Easy. NO installation, NO assembly, NO problem !! The medical seat lift assist, which can be attached to recliners for the elderly, is revolutionary. Simple up/down buttons will inflate/deflate the cushion steadily as you sit down and stand up.
- MOST CHAIR TYPES: For sitting on sofas, couches, standard chairs, armchairs and can even fit a non lifting recliner. The universal standup support device for seniors may free you of other help or assistance. Not applicable on chairs with wheels (wheelchair, rollator walker) and on a rotating office chair.
- PATENTED (No US10400907): Lifts adults up to weight of 120kg (265lbs) due to its 4 chambers inflating to various height levels – it is handy for the small or tall. Seniors will find it an indispensable help at home or outdoors.
- FOR EXTENDED SITTING PERIODS: Comfort is essential! Even when perfecting its ergonomic design to maintain steadiness, we made sure you feel like you are still sitting in your favourite place on the sofa (at level 0).
- PORTABLE & WASHABLE: Weighs only 4kg (8.8lbs) including carrying bag with strap, battery and charger. The cushion seat cover is removable, and machine washable. Uplift yourself today!
Additional Info :
2. Lumex Stand Assist Patient Transport Unit, LF1600
- Designed for adults and seniors who have the strength and stability to lift transfer and support themselves from a seated to standing position
- Padded knee and seat pads enhance user comfort
- Stable frame and base with locking rear casters increases user confidence and physical safety
- Fits easily through narrow doorways in your home; Max. Width: 25″, Max. Height: 42.5″, Max. Length: 33.5″, Front Base Height: 5″; Overall Weight: 61 lb
- 400 lb safe working load fits people between 5’1″ and 6’6″ tall
Additional Info :
3. ProHeal Stand Assist Lift – Sit to Stand Standing Transfer Lift – Fall Prevention Patient Transfer Lifter for Home and Facilities – 500 Pound Weight Capacity
- STAND ASSIST PATIENT LIFT: Designed to help transfer patients who can stand enough to support 60-70% of their body weight, the stand assist prevents falls, increases safety for patient and caregivers, and provides more dignity than electric or hydraulic patient lifts.
- SAFETY FEATURES: The lift features hooks for optional side and support straps. It features dual rear locking casters (wheels) and easily adjustable locking base increase safety.
- SIMPLE & COMFORTABLE: No slings, no hooks, no problems. This standing assistance lift transfers patients between beds, wheelchairs, toilets, seats and more without the time and hassle of standard patient lifts.
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: COMPATIBLE WITH ALL SLINGS: Dual shin pads offer extra support and comfort, and the ergonomically designed foot pedal offers hands free opening of base. the adjustable base provides clearance around recliners and other common obstacles.
- SAFETY & QUALITY: Protected with a 3 Year warranty , the sturdy welding ensures long lasting use. The modular design allows for easy and affordable replacements.
Additional Info :
4. Stander Security Pole and Curve Grab Bar, Elderly Tension Mounted Floor to Ceiling Transfer Pole, Bathroom Safety Assist and Stability Rail, Iceberg White
- Prevent Falls: The Security Pole provides safety and stability when standing and sitting, stepping over bathtub or shower ledges, or getting into bed; the curved grab bar rotates and locks into position every 45 degrees; supports up to 300 pounds
- Height Adjustable and Tension Mounted: Adjust the floor to ceiling transfer pole to fit flat ceilings measuring from 7 to 10 feet tall; the included rubber pads protect both your ceiling and floor from damage
- Versatile: Use as a bathroom grab bar, chair standing rail, wheelchair transfer pole, or as a bedside support handle; the unique grab bar has a ladder-like design with 4 different hand grips, allowing the user to stand with a natural hand-over-hand motion
- Durable and Modern Design: Replace bulky toilet rails and protruding handrails with our slim, multipurpose pole; the mobility pole can be installed in any room without permanently altering your home, no wall mounts or screws needed
- High Quality and Easy to Assemble: Easily assemble and securely install the Security Pole and Curve Grab Bar within minutes; each pole includes all the needed equipment for assembly, no additional tools required
Additional Info :
5. ArjoHuntleigh Sara Stedy Sit to Stand Manual Patient Lift Aid | Fully Assembled Elderly Assistance Products | Holds up to 400 Pounds | Intended for Users 4’11” – 6’6″
- PROMOTES EARLY MOBILIZATION: The Sara Stedy Manual Stand Aid is a piece of excellent medical equipment for home care and professional use. This sit to stand lift is noninvasive to the patient and minimizes manual handling by caregivers. It can be used alongside physical therapy equipment for leg strengthening exercises making it an excellent rehabilitation tool for the elderly and recovering.
- VERSATILE MOBILITY & DAILY LIVING AIDS: Get the mobility you need for extended home care. The Sara Stedy acts as a bed lift for easy transfers from bed to chair, as well as wheelchair lift assistance to bathroom and toilet. The Sara Stedy lift aid is the perfect addition to handicapped accessories for the home and elderly aids for living.
- COMPLETE STABILITY: The Sara Stedy lift features new total-lock castors to anchor in place while the lift is stationary. The cross-bar handle allows the patient to support themselves by pulling rather than pushing when entering the lift which reduces strain. Using the support of the soft knee pads to get to a standing position provides extra stability while the pivoting seat cushions create a sturdy seat to relax in during transfers.
- DURABLE DESIGN: Made from high-quality aluminum, the Sara Stedy weighs only 65 lbs and holds up to 400 lbs with a suggested user height between 4’11” – 6’6″. The easy to operate pedals open up the legs to maneuver around wheelchairs and commodes, providing much needed toilet assistance for elderly patients. With a turning radius of 46″ and dimensions of 36.5″ x 41.5″, the Sara Stedy is easy to get around tight turns.
- A BRAND YOU CAN TRUST: The Sara Stedy Sit to Stand Manual Lift by ArjoHuntleigh is backed by a 1 year manufacturer warranty. The Dementia Services Development Centre at the University of Stirling has reviewed Sara Stedy and awarded it a DSDC Product Accreditation Rating Class 1B.
Additional Info :
6. Able Life Able Tray Table, Adjustable Bamboo Swivel TV and Laptop Table with Ergonomic Stand Assist Safety Handle, Independent Living Aid
- Provides Balance and Support: Able Life’s ergonomic safety handle provides balance and support when sitting and standing from your favorite couch, lift chair, or recliner; the mobility handle supports up to 250 pounds; safety handle measures 6 by 6 inches
- Bamboo Tray Table: Our multi-use TV and computer table measures 16 by 18 inches and includes a built-in cup holder and utensil compartment; with 360 degrees of swivel motion, pivot the lap desk out of the way when not in use; supports 30 pounds
- Easy to Assemble: Install the sofa desk under the feet of most four legged lift chairs or recliners with feet 20 to 36 inches apart; each tray includes all the needed equipment for assembly, no additional tools required; not intended for freestanding use
- Super Grip Stability Pads: The dual sided rubber pads can be adjusted to fit the distance between the front and back legs of your furniture and will protect your floor from damage; furniture feet can be placed on either the outside or inside of the pads
- Fully Adjustable: Tray table height adjusts from 26 to 32 inches; support handle height adjusts from 34 to 40 inches; base length adjusts from 20 to 36 inches; reference our video and images to determine if the Able Tray is compatible with your furniture
Additional Info :
7. Bandwagon Portable Chair Assist – Helps You Rise from Seated Position – Mobility Standing Aid
- PORTABLE CHAIR ASSIST – Make getting up from your favorite couch or chair easy with this convenient and versatile rail handle system.
- GET HELP RISING FROM ANY POSITION – Portable Chair assist has 3 padded hand holds to help with rising from different seated positions – and even help rising from the floor or picking up dropped items.
- SAFE AND STURDY – All metals construction with a sturdy, tip-resistant base. Handles are 16″, 26″ and 33″ off the floor to help with varying grips for different situations and differing heights.
- PORTABLE DESIGN – Easily move from room to room for help standing up where and when you need. Works great next to the bed as well. Chair Assist is 20″ W x 17″ D at the floor.
- ENSURE THE SAFETY OF A LOVED ONE – Everyone needs a little help every now and then. Feel better knowing that your loved one who has difficulty rising from a seated position or who suffers from limited mobility has a this chair assist close at hand.
Additional Info :
8. Etac Turner Pro, Transfer Aid
- Material-Cast aluminum, powder coated steel, chrome 3. Weight capacity is 441 lbs
- Handle adjusts from 30.7″ to 49.2″
- Platform disk measures 15.75″ in diameter
- The transfer aid easily collapses
- Lower leg support width is 15″, lower leg support height is 5.9″
Additional Info :
9. Lumex Sit-to-Stand Battery-Powered Patient Lift, 400 lb. Weight Capacity, LF2020
- Designed to assist adults and seniors who have difficulty standing up on their own from a seated position; users must be able to actively participate and partially support their weight
- Premium electronics effortlessly lift up to 400 pounds from 36.4″ low to 70.8″ high; includes ergonomic remote control, emergency stop button, and battery level indicators
- Spreader bar provides various hand-hold locations for the user and accommodates multiple Lumex sling and strap styles
- Heavy-gauge steel construction with white powder-coated finish and rubber-coated base legs protect furniture and walls in your home
- Quick-release removable foot platform supports and encourages gait training as part of an active and physical approach to rehab therapy or mobility maintenance
Additional Info :
10. ProHeal Sit to Stand Lift – Full Body Patient Transfer Lifter for Home Use and Facilities – 500 Pound Weight Capacity, 6 Sling Hooks
- SIT TO STAND LIFTER: Designed to help transfer and lift patients from sitting position to standing positions and back to sitting again. The adjustable cradle makes it perfect for people of all heights. For wheelchair, bed, chair, toilet and other transfers.
- SAFETY FEATURES: An emergency quick release, dual rear locking casters (wheels) and easily adjustable locking base increase safety. Clip free sling hookups improve safety and reduce downtime. The front wheels are 3″ for added safety and ease of use.
- SIMPLE TO USE: Raise and drop the lifter with the touch of a button. The ergonomically designed foot pedal let you open the base hands free. Lasts twice as long as most competitors. The adjustable cradle makes it perfect for people of all heights. For wheelchair, bed, chair, toilet and other transfers.
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL SLINGS: 6 sling hooks allows for multiple sling options, safer patient handling and a wider range of transfers. Use a variety of ProHeal or other brand patient lift slings.
- SAFETY & QUALITY: Protected with a 3 year warranty on the frame. The sturdy welding ensures long lasting use. The modular design allows for easy and affordable replacements.
Additional Info :
There are many options out there. We checked and reviewed the 10 best standing aid for elderly for seniors to help you find a suitable item for you.
How Do You Buy The Best 10 Best Standing Aid For Elderly – Senior’s Guide?
On paper, any products made for the elderly should be suitable for use by older people, but in most cases, the most important functions are hidden behind procedures that become insane. It is true that with almost all standing aid for elderly we reviewed here are manufactured for adult, but very few do it in such a way that an elderly person can start them without having to ask how to do it.
So if you are looking for specific products for the elderly, here are a series of recommendations that you should take into account
- Brand Value: When you are out to purchase a new standing aid for elderly or any other product, brand value is one of the factors that you should consider. When it comes to buying a branded item you want to be sure that the brand value of the company is enough to stand behind its product.
- Features: Be sure to check out the features in-depth. This will ensure your purchase is completely satisfying. When it comes to finding the best options, features are the key choice factor.
- Specifications: Not all specifications are created equal. The specification you need to build your cabinets will differ from that of a deck or re-insulating your attic. Check the product above for a range of specifications they offer, and choose the appropriate one for your requirements.
- Product Value: This simply is how much bang for the buck you get from your standing aid for elderly.
- Customer Ratings: Number rating grade standing aid for elderly objectively.
- Customer Reviews: Closely related to ratings, these paragraphs give you first-hand and detailed information from real-world users about their standing aid for elderly.
- Product Quality: You don’t always get what you pay for with an standing aid for elderly, sometimes less, and sometimes more.
- Product Reliability: How sturdy and durable an standing aid for elderly is should be an indication of how long it will work out for you.
Preventelderabuse.org always remembers that maintaining standing aid for elderly information to stay current is a top priority, which is why we are constantly updating our websites. Learn more about us using online sources.
If you think that anything we present here regarding standing aid for elderly is irrelevant, incorrect, misleading, or erroneous, then please let us know promptly!
It is important that the standing aid for elderly is not too expensive, or that it does not cost much to repair in the event of a breakdown or accident. As always, there are huge options, and depending on the idea we have, we will decide to invest more or less. Anyway, in this segment, you have some really interesting standing aid for elderly for an emergency that is overpriced, as well as other more expensive ones that you probably don’t care about because most of the extra features are not going to be used.
Size and Style
Consider where you plan on storing your standing aid for elderly. Traditional standing aid for elderly are usually designed to be smaller so that they take up less space. However, some standing aid for elderly models can be reconfigured into built-in models that fit in a cabinet. Keep in mind that built-in models usually require separate trim kit purchases.
Ease of Use
No one wants a cumbersome standing aid for elderly that’s a pain to use. But for seniors, the concern becomes whether a standing aid for elderly is supporting your quality of life or if it makes using more difficult. Look for a user-friendly standing aid for elderly that makes life easier. Look for larger buttons or labels that make it easier to use if you have a vision impairment. Prioritize simple controls as well. Consider whether you can easily move it, how easily you can grip the door if it’s easy to clean, and how you can interact with the product. And especially if you pick an over-the-range model, make sure that it’s positioned at a height that you can reach easily.
For seniors, the controls and how easily they can open and close a standing aid for elderly box are going to be some of the most important features to consider. You’ll need to find a model that’s compatible with your strength and mental acuity. Not all seniors should downgrade to the simplest standing aid for elderly with basic functionality.
Why should you buy standing aid for elderlyfor Seniors?
If you or an older loved one in your life need a little extra assistance hearing your favorite program, a decent pair of TV headphones will do the job. The standing aid for elderly for seniors can create a hassle-free and comfortable sonic experience, especially for people with health issues. These standing aid for elderly can be used for long periods without discomfort and will offer convenience.
Are standing aid for elderly for Seniors Worth Buying?
Many consumers take advantage of online shopping by completing the entire process from their home computers. This makes online shopping even easier for seniors, who are looking to upgrade their homes without the hassle of going to retail stores. Online shoppers also save money when they use discount codes and apply coupons to their purchases. Senior investors can also trade certificates of deposits, stocks, and mutual funds at discounted rates through online investors’ clubs.
How Long Will standing aid for elderly for Seniors Last?
Do you have older parents or a spouse that needs help getting care when they’re alone? You can help them be safe and independent by looking into medical alert systems. The key is finding the right system for your loved one’s needs, which may require some investigating.
How long a standing aid for elderly for aged people will last depends on several factors, like its quality, maintenance, and use. The product life of standing aid for elderly changes significantly based on the type of materials and components used on it.
How long will stay in your home last? The answer is partly up to you, and what steps you take to make your home safer for aging in place. Adaptive products and safety devices can help one age in their own home for years to come.