There are tons of shower benches for elderly out there.
Which ones are best for you? We break down what type is best for seniors and which brands to try.
After reading this article, you’ll be able to quickly decide which shower benches for elderly is right for you and your companion.
List of 10 Best shower benches for elderly: Tested by Seniors
1. DMI Tub Transfer Bench and Shower Chair with Non Slip Aluminum Body, Adjustable Seat Height and Cut Out Access, Holds Weight up to 400 Lbs, Bath and Shower Safety, Transfer Bench
- BATH CHAIR Dimensions: 39 Inches L x 19.25 Inches W x 37 Inches H; Adjustable seat height: 19 Inches to 23.5 Inches from floor; Seat dimensions: 19 Inches W x 14.5 inches D; Overall weight: 14.5 lbs; Holds Weight capacity up to 400 lbs
- TUB AND SLIDING SHOWER BENCH AND SHOWER CHAIR makes transfers from wheelchairs or walkers to the bath or shower easy with a safe sliding design to minimize strain. Ideal bath tub seat for elderly seniors, disabled, handicapped or post-surgical
- SHOWER BENCH features a no tool design, easy assembly and detailed instructions. Tub shower transfer bench does not require permanent mounting hardware. Seat can be configured with right or left install
- BATH SEAT and SHOWER BENCH for elderly and disabled is safe and secure with a rust resistant frame, seat with back, hook and loop safety belt, nylon strap locks to hold the seat in place, suction cup non-slip feet and removable cut out for perineal access
- SHOWER CHAIR is easy to use by positioning one end of the transfer chair in the shower and the other side outside. With the help of a caregiver, have the person carefully sit on the seat and gently slide them over the lip of the tub and into the shower
Additional Info :
|Color||Tub Transfer Bench and Sliding Shower Chair|
2. Medline Shower Chair Bath Seat with Padded Armrests and Back, Great for Bathtubs, Supports up to 350 lbs
- The Medline bath and shower chair provides safe and comfortable bathing and showering
- Height adjustable with a sturdy, durable aluminum frame
- Seat height is adjustable in 1″ increments from 16″ – 21″ | Seat dimensions: 13.5″ x 16″
- Non-slip feet secures chair to the tub or shower floor; rust resistant and easy to clean | Lightweight, tool-free assembly
- Bath and shower chair supports up to 350 lbs
Additional Info :
3. Drive Medical 12011KD-1 Tub Transfer Bench For Bathtub with Adjustable Backrest
- Transfer Tub Bench: Our bath and shower transfer bench is designed to assist individuals while entering and exiting the bath for renewed independence
- Safe & Secure: Designed to accommodate any bathroom, our reversible transfer benches for bathtubs include a blow-molded plastic bath bench and stabilizing backrest
- Tool-Free Assembly: No tools are required to assemble the back, arm, or legs of our tub benches for bathtubs; pinch-free lever included for extra installation safety
- Adjustable Seat: Bathtub bench seat with dual-column extending legs can be lifted or lowered in 0.5” increments; Seat dimensions: 26” W x 17.5” H x 18.5-19.5” D; Outside legs: 32” W x 23” D
- Quality Construction: Drainage holes help prevent water from pooling, making the bath bench more comfortable, less slippery, and more secure during transitions in and out of the tub
Additional Info :
4. Medline Transfer Bench for Bathtub, for Use as a Bath Chair or Shower Seat, Durable with Height Adjustable Legs, Non-Slip Feet, Gray
- Strong, non-slip transfer bench design helps assist older, mobility impaired or post-surgery individuals enter and leave the bath with extra support, confidence and independence
- Easy-to-clean plastic seat with reversible backrest allows this Medline Transfer bench to fit in any bathroom configuration
- Wide, suction cup feet for in the bathtub help the user feel secure; the non-slip feet go outside the tub
- Tool-free locking pushbutton assembly and height adjustments from 18.5″ To 22.5″ In 1/2″ Increments
- Seat dimensions: 16-19″(d) x 26.5″(W) x 18.5-22.5″(H); overall width: 32″; Overall depth: 25.5″; wt. Capacity: 400 lb.
Additional Info :
5. OasisSpace Heavy Duty Shower Chair 500lb, Padded Bath Seat with Free Assist Grab Bar – Medical Tool Free Anti-Slip Shower Bench Bathtub Stool Seat for Elderly, Senior, Handicap & Disabled
- Secure, Easy to Use – Our Bath Stool is approved the highest standard in medical shower stool; Tool-Free, Easy to assemble in minutes.
- Heavy Duty – Our Shower Bench is constructed with aluminum frame, the lightweight shower stool frame supports up to 500 pounds. The lightweight frame is easily portable for added convenience.
- Comfortable Padded Shower Stool – Padded bath seat is detachable for easy cleaning and the shower seat has anti-slip rubber feet with drainage holes on the bath seat for adults designed to allow water to drain
- Perfect Size for Smaller Showers – Durably constructed, the shower stool is lightweight and corrosion-resistant. Great support for those with chronic fatigue or balance issues, the stool is also useful following injury or surgery. Fits almost anywhere in bathroom; perfect size for smaller showers
- Free Gift Upgrade Shower Handle – A 12″ Medical Grade Shower Handle is easy to install or remove from the tub or shower walls; Strong suction cup design works on any non-porous, flat surface, including tile, glass, acrylic and fiberglass. Supporting up to 250 pounds, perfect for the injured, elderly and toddlers.
Additional Info :
6. Carousel Sliding Transfer Bench with Swivel Seat-BARIATRIC 600LB Capacity. Premium Padded Bath and Shower Chair with Pivoting Arms for Tubs and Shower.
- PROFESSIONAL GRADE sliding transfer bench, bath and shower chair. Effortless sliding and pivoting for safe, easy transfers in and out of the tub. Platinum Health products are used in thousands of hospitals, nursing homes and in private homes by customers who value quality, safety, convenience and comfort over price. Note: OPTIONAL LEG EXTENSION KIT AVAILABLE FOR TUBS WITH HIGH LEDGE.
- PADDED SEAT, BACK AND ARMRESTS. No more cold, slippery, hard plastic parts like old-style bath chairs; the Carousel provides warm to the touch, comfortable, slip resistant padding on all main components. The medical-grade, closed-cell molded polyurethane padding will not absorb any water and is easy to clean and disinfect. Quick TOOLS-LESS assembly in less than 5 minutes.
- HEAVY-DUTY 600 LB. CAPACITY. Designed specifically for bariatric users, with extra wide seat and backrest. Bath safely and comfortably without the fear of falling. ***IMPORTANT- PLEASE BE CERTAIN TO CAREFULLY REVIEW PRODUCT DIMENSIONS IN THE THUMBNAIL IMAGE SECTION OF THE LISTING PRIOR TO ORDERING THIS ITEM TO MAKE SURE IT WILL PROPERLY FIT THE INTENDED USER AND THE INTENDED ENVIRONMENT.
- ROBUST, WEIGHT-BEARING ARM RESTS. The padded arm rests provide extra safety and convenience . Unlike standard chairs with no armrests, the robust armrests on the Carousel can be used as leverage points to help the user into and out of the chair. They also provide important additional physical and psychological support against slips and falls and fear of slips and falls.
- FULLY REVERSIBLE. Can be used from either the right side or the left side of the tub or shower. ***IMPORTANT- PLEASE BE CERTAIN TO CAREFULLY REVIEW PRODUCT DIMENSIONS IN THE THUMBNAIL IMAGE SECTION OF THE LISTING PRIOR TO ORDERING THIS ITEM TO MAKE SURE IT WILL PROPERLY FIT THE INTENDED USER AND THE INTENDED ENVIRONMENT.
Additional Info :
7. Drive Medical Splash Defense Tub Transfer Bench for Bathtub with Curtain Guard Protection, White
- Transfer Tub Bench: Our bath and shower transfer bench boasts a new “U” shape cut-out design that allows the shower curtain liner to stay within the tub and prevents water spillage
- Safe & Secure: Designed to accommodate any bathroom, our 400-lb capacity transfer benches for bathtubs are reversible and include a plastic bath bench and stabilizing backrest
- Adjustable Seat: Bathtub bench seat with dual-column extending legs can be lifted or lowered in 0.5” increments; Seat dimensions: 28″ L x 16″ D; Seat to floor height: 17.5″-22.5″; Outside legs width: 33.5″
- Easy Adjustments: Our bath seat includes a pinch-free lever that allows the push pins to be depressed without pinching fingers
Additional Info :
8. Carousel Sliding Transfer Bench with Swivel Seat. Premium PADDED Bath and Shower Chair with Pivoting Arms. Space Saving Design for Tubs and Shower.
- – PROFESSIONAL GRADE sliding transfer bench, bath and shower chair. Effortless sliding and pivoting for safe, easy transfers in and out of the tub. Platinum Health products are used in thousands of hospitals, nursing homes and in private homes by customers who value quality, safety, convenience and comfort over price. Note: OPTIONAL LEG EXTENSION KITS AND HORIZONTAL TRAVEL EXTENSION KITS ALSO AVAILABLE.
- -PADDED SEAT, BACK AND ARMRESTS. No more cold, slippery, hard plastic parts like old-style bath chairs; the Carousel provides warm to the touch, comfortable, slip resistant padding on all main components. The medical-grade, closed-cell molded polyurethane padding will not absorb any water and is easy to clean and disinfect. Quick TOOLS-LESS assembly in less than 5 minutes.
- -SWIVEL-SEAT SPACE SAVING DESIGN. Not only is the swivel seat safer, easier to use and more comfortable than a standard fixed seat, this design means that the chair protrudes into the room much less than a traditional transfer bench. More convenient for the user, and more convenient for others that don’t require use of the chair since the free space in the bathroom is much greater.
- -ROBUST, PIVOTING ARM RESTS. The padded arm rests can be raised and lowered and locked into place. Unlike standard chairs with no armrests, the robust armrests on the Carousel can be used as leverage points to help the user into and out of the chair. They also provide important additional physical and psychological support against slips and falls and fear of slips and falls.
- -HI CONTRAST COLOR FOR SAFETY. Our unique HI-VIEW BLUE color makes the key parts of the chair much easier to see by vision impaired and/or dementia afflicted users. Rather than blending in with the background like old-style white benches, the blue contrast color helps users distinguish the chair from its surroundings and significantly reduces slips, trips and falls- the leading cause of death by injury in people over 65.
Additional Info :
9. Drive Medical RTL12075 Folding Universal Sliding Transfer Bench
- Sliding Shower Transfer Bench: Shower chair slides left and right along the frame to assist users in getting in and out of the tub
- Easy to Use: Simply place the shower and tub transfer bench in the shower area; versatile shower seat is reversible to accommodate both left and right entry into tub
- Safety Features: The bathub transfer bench includes a safety belt, removable soap dish, and a safety net to catch dropped personal items and prevent bending
- Specifications: 18.5 inches in depth x 22.5 inches in width x 21-25 inches in height; overall length: 42 inches; maximum recommended weight: 300 lbs
Additional Info :
10. Drive Medical RTL12202KDR Bathroom Bench with Back, Gray
- Bathroom Bench: Designed to fit just about any style of bathtub, our tub bench for bathroom is exceptionally easy to assemble without tools
- Quality Construction: The ultimate shower accessory for daily living, our tub chair for elderly, disabled, and injured individuals is made of durable aluminum and features a comfortable 19.25-inch seat
- Height Adjustable: Designed to fit your unique needs, our adjustable stool has legs that can be adjusted in 1-inch increments
- Secure and Scratchproof: Our bath seat for bathtubs and showers comes equipped with suction-style tips on the legs, providing stability and drainage holes that reduce slipping
- Dimensions: Width: 19.25 Inches x Length: 11.5 Inches; Product Height: 28 Inch (With Back), 19.5 Inch (Without Back); Seat Height: 15.5 Inch – 19.5 Inch; Weight capacity: 300 pounds
Additional Info :
There are many options out there. We checked and reviewed the 10 best shower benches for elderly for seniors to help you find a suitable item for you.
How Do You Buy The Best 10 Best Shower Benches For Elderly – Senior’s Guide?
On paper, any products made for the elderly should be suitable for use by older people, but in most cases, the most important functions are hidden behind procedures that become insane. It is true that with almost all shower benches for elderly we reviewed here are manufactured for adult, but very few do it in such a way that an elderly person can start them without having to ask how to do it.
So if you are looking for specific products for the elderly, here are a series of recommendations that you should take into account
- Brand Value: When you are out to purchase a new shower benches for elderly or any other product, brand value is one of the factors that you should consider. When it comes to buying a branded item you want to be sure that the brand value of the company is enough to stand behind its product.
- Features: Be sure to check out the features in-depth. This will ensure your purchase is completely satisfying. When it comes to finding the best options, features are the key choice factor.
- Specifications: Not all specifications are created equal. The specification you need to build your cabinets will differ from that of a deck or re-insulating your attic. Check the product above for a range of specifications they offer, and choose the appropriate one for your requirements.
- Product Value: This simply is how much bang for the buck you get from your shower benches for elderly.
- Customer Ratings: Number rating grade shower benches for elderly objectively.
- Customer Reviews: Closely related to ratings, these paragraphs give you first-hand and detailed information from real-world users about their shower benches for elderly.
- Product Quality: You don’t always get what you pay for with an shower benches for elderly, sometimes less, and sometimes more.
- Product Reliability: How sturdy and durable an shower benches for elderly is should be an indication of how long it will work out for you.
Preventelderabuse.org always remembers that maintaining shower benches for elderly information to stay current is a top priority, which is why we are constantly updating our websites. Learn more about us using online sources.
If you think that anything we present here regarding shower benches for elderly is irrelevant, incorrect, misleading, or erroneous, then please let us know promptly!
It is important that the shower benches for elderly is not too expensive, or that it does not cost much to repair in the event of a breakdown or accident. As always, there are huge options, and depending on the idea we have, we will decide to invest more or less. Anyway, in this segment, you have some really interesting shower benches for elderly for an emergency that is overpriced, as well as other more expensive ones that you probably don’t care about because most of the extra features are not going to be used.
Size and Style
Consider where you plan on storing your shower benches for elderly. Traditional shower benches for elderly are usually designed to be smaller so that they take up less space. However, some shower benches for elderly models can be reconfigured into built-in models that fit in a cabinet. Keep in mind that built-in models usually require separate trim kit purchases.
Ease of Use
No one wants a cumbersome shower benches for elderly that’s a pain to use. But for seniors, the concern becomes whether a shower benches for elderly is supporting your quality of life or if it makes using more difficult. Look for a user-friendly shower benches for elderly that makes life easier. Look for larger buttons or labels that make it easier to use if you have a vision impairment. Prioritize simple controls as well. Consider whether you can easily move it, how easily you can grip the door if it’s easy to clean, and how you can interact with the product. And especially if you pick an over-the-range model, make sure that it’s positioned at a height that you can reach easily.
For seniors, the controls and how easily they can open and close a shower benches for elderly box are going to be some of the most important features to consider. You’ll need to find a model that’s compatible with your strength and mental acuity. Not all seniors should downgrade to the simplest shower benches for elderly with basic functionality.
Why should you buy shower benches for elderlyfor Seniors?
If you or an older loved one in your life need a little extra assistance hearing your favorite program, a decent pair of TV headphones will do the job. The shower benches for elderly for seniors can create a hassle-free and comfortable sonic experience, especially for people with health issues. These shower benches for elderly can be used for long periods without discomfort and will offer convenience.
Are shower benches for elderly for Seniors Worth Buying?
Many consumers take advantage of online shopping by completing the entire process from their home computers. This makes online shopping even easier for seniors, who are looking to upgrade their homes without the hassle of going to retail stores. Online shoppers also save money when they use discount codes and apply coupons to their purchases. Senior investors can also trade certificates of deposits, stocks, and mutual funds at discounted rates through online investors’ clubs.
How Long Will shower benches for elderly for Seniors Last?
Do you have older parents or a spouse that needs help getting care when they’re alone? You can help them be safe and independent by looking into medical alert systems. The key is finding the right system for your loved one’s needs, which may require some investigating.
How long a shower benches for elderly for aged people will last depends on several factors, like its quality, maintenance, and use. The product life of shower benches for elderly changes significantly based on the type of materials and components used on it.
How long will stay in your home last? The answer is partly up to you, and what steps you take to make your home safer for aging in place. Adaptive products and safety devices can help one age in their own home for years to come.