There are tons of lifting devices for elderly out there.
Which ones are best for you? We break down what type is best for seniors and which brands to try.
After reading this article, you’ll be able to quickly decide which lifting devices for elderly is right for you and your companion.
List of 10 Best lifting devices for elderly: Tested by Seniors
1. Lift Assist Standing Aid, Luxiv Patient Stand Lifting Devices for Elderly with Soft Handle Transfer Device for Senior Safe Standing Aid Handicap Bar for Patient, Disabled, Injured
- 【Could Load 500lbs】: Lift assist standing aid is made of high-quality nylon with precision sewing, can loading 500 lbs, not easy to break, safe, and durable.
- 【Soft And Anti-slip Handle】: The 4 handles for patient stand lifting devices are made of top ABS plastics with a circle of foam, soft and comfortable for your hands, and not easy to slip.
- 【Portable Size】: Elderly standing transfer device full size is 15 x 10 inches // 38 x 25 cm, but can be folded to 4.5 x 3.1 x 3.1 inches, the weight is 60g, foldable size and light weight convenient to carry.
- 【Good Helper】: Safe standing aid handicap bar could help you easily transfer patients from car, chair, bed, and bathtub, save your time and energy, safer than by hands.
- 【Widely Application】: Standing assist handle suit for patients, disabled, injured, pregnant women, can be used in indoor and outdoor, convenient and easy to use.
Additional Info :
2. Lumex Stand Assist Patient Transport Unit, LF1600
- Designed for adults and seniors who have the strength and stability to lift transfer and support themselves from a seated to standing position
- Padded knee and seat pads enhance user comfort
- Stable frame and base with locking rear casters increases user confidence and physical safety
- Fits easily through narrow doorways in your home; Max. Width: 25″, Max. Height: 42.5″, Max. Length: 33.5″, Front Base Height: 5″; Overall Weight: 61 lb
- 400 lb safe working load fits people between 5’1″ and 6’6″ tall
Additional Info :
3. Invacare Painted Hydraulic Lift | 450 lbs. weight capacity | 9805P model
- Your purchase includes One Invacare Painted Hydraulic Patient Lift, 9805P model in Beige color | Sling is not included as there is a wide range of options available
- Product max dimensions – 46.75” L x 42.25″ W x 20″ – 64” H | Base Width Closed – 22” | Clearance from Base to Floor – 6.5” | Product weight – 68 lbs. | Weight Capacity – 450 lbs.
- Includes 5” casters without brakes. Is recommended that patients are assisted by 1-2 people when lifting
- Six-point swivel bar attachment easily adapts to all sling styles and positions. The lift features a 20″ – 64″ range and allows individuals to be picked up from lying position on floor
- Lightweight construction and easy disassembly allow for quick transport and setup, and aids in helping caregivers avoid back injuries. Pump handle can rotate from side to side for caregiver convenience
Additional Info :
4. Invacare Get-U-Up Hydraulic Stand-Up Patient Lift, 350 lb. Weight Capacity, GHS350
- VERSATILITY: Lift offers safety, comfort and stability for both users and caregivers and is ideal for everyday handling of users who need rehabilitation support or can bear partial-weight. 4.5″ clearance allows for accessibility to most homecare beds
- EASY TO USE: Innovative adjustment features allow this lift to adapt to a variety of body sizes and shapes. The pump handle can rotate from side to side for caregiver convenience. Fast and simple sling attachment protects against accidental disengagement
- ADJUSTABLE: Leg support features a soft, contoured pad that can secure legs in multiple positions comfort at any height. The GHS350 also has a retractable, non-slip footplate that provides a stable base for transfers
- SLINGS: Multi-function slings available for quick toileting, stand-assistance or fully supported seated transfers. The slings are made to adapt to a wide variety of body sizes based on individuals needs, and can support a weight range up to 350 lbs.
- SMOOTH ROLLING: Low-friction casters make rolling the lift across indoor surfaces easier and contribute to caregiver safety
- SIT TO STAND: The GHS350 lift must be free to move and to find a new center of gravity as the patient’s weight shifts. The use of non-locking caster, in home environments, helps reduce this risk
- DESIGNED FOR SAFETY: GHS350 has non-locking casters, (locked rear casters can prevent the lift from finding a new center of gravity. If the caregiver is well trained / the environment requires locking casters, a locking caster service kit part # 1110421 is available.)
Additional Info :
5. Vive Long Handled Shoe Horn (23 Inch) – Plastic Shoehorn for Men, Women and Kids – Adjustable Extended Reach Assist – Large Dressing Aid, Sock Remover for Seniors, Elderly, Disabled – Longhandled Tool
- EASILY DETACHES FOR TRAVEL: The patent pending quick detach long shoe horn by Vive provides easy storage and is convenient for travel. A release connection allows the long shoe horn to separate into two pieces measuring 13” and 10” in length to easily fit in a handbag, carry on or suitcase. The portable shoe horn also includes a sock remover tab for easily slipping off socks and hosiery without bending and twisting.
- EXTENDED LENGTH SHOE HORN: Easily slide shoes and boots on or off with the extra long shoe horn while standing up. Measuring 23” in total length, the shoe horn eliminates the need to bend over to put on your athletic shoes, casual shoes, dress shoes or boots.
- LARGE, EASY GRIP HANDLE: Perfect for anyone with mobility or dexterity issues, the shoe horn has a large oval handle for a comfortable and secure grip. The ring handle also allows the shoe horn to conveniently hang on a coat rack or storage hook.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Constructed with a strong, thick composite material, the Vive detachable shoe horn is exceptionally durable and easy to clean. Each edge has a smooth rounded finish to prevent snags and tears in socks and to prevent scuffed shoes.
- VIVE GUARANTEE: Lifetime guarantee so you can purchase now with confidence.
Additional Info :
6. ProHeal Stand Assist Lift – Sit to Stand Standing Transfer Lift – Fall Prevention Patient Transfer Lifter for Home and Facilities – 500 Pound Weight Capacity
- STAND ASSIST PATIENT LIFT: Designed to help transfer patients who can stand enough to support 60-70% of their body weight, the stand assist prevents falls, increases safety for patient and caregivers, and provides more dignity than electric or hydraulic patient lifts.
- SAFETY FEATURES: The lift features hooks for optional side and support straps. It features dual rear locking casters (wheels) and easily adjustable locking base increase safety.
- SIMPLE & COMFORTABLE: No slings, no hooks, no problems. This standing assistance lift transfers patients between beds, wheelchairs, toilets, seats and more without the time and hassle of standard patient lifts.
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: COMPATIBLE WITH ALL SLINGS: Dual shin pads offer extra support and comfort, and the ergonomically designed foot pedal offers hands free opening of base. the adjustable base provides clearance around recliners and other common obstacles.
- SAFETY & QUALITY: Protected with a 3 Year warranty , the sturdy welding ensures long lasting use. The modular design allows for easy and affordable replacements.
Additional Info :
7. SitnStand Portable Smart Rising Seat – Chair Lift Assist Devices for Seniors & Elderly – Medical Seat Lifter Riser, Couch Standing aid Portable Recliner Chairs for Adults (Battery & Charger Included)
- SITNSTAND STANDARD PACK: Safe & Easy. NO installation, NO assembly, NO problem !! The medical seat lift assist, which can be attached to recliners for the elderly, is revolutionary. Simple up/down buttons will inflate/deflate the cushion steadily as you sit down and stand up.
- MOST CHAIR TYPES: For sitting on sofas, couches, standard chairs, armchairs and can even fit a non lifting recliner. The universal standup support device for seniors may free you of other help or assistance. Not applicable on chairs with wheels (wheelchair, rollator walker) and on a rotating office chair.
- PATENTED (No US10400907): Lifts adults up to weight of 120kg (265lbs) due to its 4 chambers inflating to various height levels – it is handy for the small or tall. Seniors will find it an indispensable help at home or outdoors.
- FOR EXTENDED SITTING PERIODS: Comfort is essential! Even when perfecting its ergonomic design to maintain steadiness, we made sure you feel like you are still sitting in your favourite place on the sofa (at level 0).
- PORTABLE & WASHABLE: Weighs only 4kg (8.8lbs) including carrying bag with strap, battery and charger. The cushion seat cover is removable, and machine washable. Uplift yourself today!
Additional Info :
8. MAIDeSITe Electric Chair Lift | Get Up from Floor | Floor Lift | Can be Raised to 20” Help You Stand Up Again | Weight Limit 300LB
- ✅ The chair weighs 29 pounds. The lightweight and sturdy electric chair lift with high-strength supporting steel rod material has a weight capacity of 300lb. We provide a returnable service. For non-quality issues, the chair can be returned for a full refund, so you can rest assured to try it.
- ✅ MATERIAL：We use high-strength steel rods as the support frame of the bathroom lift, which is more stable, and the equipped seat cushions are more conducive to cleaning, making you safer and more comfortable to use.
- ✅ Foldable Side Wings: There are two foldable side wings designed to move easily from the ground to the lift chair.
- ✅ Electric Lifting: No power supply required. The chair lift is equipped with rechargeable batteries. It can adapt to the requirements of most environments, please pay attention to charging the battery.
- ✅ Fully Waterproof Electric Lift Chair : We adopt IPX8 waterproof standard. Our chair lift can work normally even in the bathtub, and there are 6 suction cups to improve the stability of the electric chair lift.
Additional Info :
9. Patient Lift Device for Home, Elderly, Lift Chair for Seniors, Lift Assist Seat, Portable Lift Aid Safely helps lift Adults that Fall Get Up from Floor – Liftup Raizer M
- EASY-TO-USE AND SAFE – The Liftup Raizer M is designed as a seat lift assist to help seniors or those who have limited mobility that have fallen to the ground. The Raizer M uses a lightweight crank as a manual patient lift so not to worry about running out of batteries or finding a plug.
- COMFORTABLE – Among chair lift assist devices for seniors, the Raizer M is one of the most comfortable as it helps the person up from laying flat to a natural seated position. The Raizer M also includes an optional headrest that makes it comfortable for the patient. The Raizer M safely helps people up in less than 4 minutes.
- DURABLE – Made of both polycarbonate and aluminum, the Raizer M is extremely durable but light enough to easily carry around. It can support people up to 330 lbs. The Raizer M as a result is a perfect sit to stand lift for adults.
- COMPACT & PORTABLE – Perfect for in home use! The Raizer M is collapsible making it extremely easy to carry and store anywhere when there’s little space. Collapsed dimensions are 52″ x 34.5″ x 11″. Weight: 27.3 lbs
- MEDICARE REIMBURSEMENT – Users with Medicare Part B are eligible for reimbursement. Please message us for forms to submit your claim.
Additional Info :
10. Trucker Bluetooth 5.0 Headset for Cell Phones, iDIGMALL Wireless Headphones w/Mic, Noise Cancelling Office Headset w/Charging Base for PC Laptop Call Center Skype (Black)
- ★【Bluetooth V5.0 with Noise Cancelling Mic】M9 Pro Bluetooth 5.0 trucker headset equipped with CSR8615 chipset for fast & stable signal transmission. Implement the latest CVC6.0 noise-cancelling technology, not only to block out ambient noise but also to electronically cancel out the actual sound waves, giving you crystal clear audio quality with a powerful and deep bass.
- ★【Wide Compatible & Multipoint Connection】Can pair with any Bluetooth-enabled devices easily, like Android, IOS, Window phones, tablet, laptop, PC, MP3 Player, etc. It can connect 2 devices at the same time. You can switch the usage of the headset from one device to another when needed.
- ★【Hands-free & Mute Function】Redial/answer/reject/end/transfer calls with the multifunction button & adjust call volume with the “+” or “-” button; Built-in Incoming calls and low battery reminder prevent missing any calls. Put the Mic up to head to “Mute ON” and put down to “Mute OFF”. ▲NOTE: Mute function is invalid in windows 10 or higher windows system because of the third-part software problem.
- ★【Super Lightweight & Comfortable】This Bluetooth headphones weights 1.4oz with large range flexible headband and skin-friendly soft ear pads, which enable you find the comfortable wearing easily and make you focus on your talk or music without feeling any burden to your head and ears.
- ★【Long-lasting Battery & Convenient Charging Base】With Built-in 180mAh rechargeable polymer battery to provide up to 12-15 hours working time and 200 hours standby time after a 1.5-hour full charge. Package including a convenient and neat charging base which you can put BH-M9 Pro on it, then connect the charging base to USB charger through the Micro USB port for charging. ▲NOTE: There isn’t built-in battery in the charge base.
Additional Info :
There are many options out there. We checked and reviewed the 10 best lifting devices for elderly for seniors to help you find a suitable item for you.
How Do You Buy The Best 10 Best Lifting Devices For Elderly – Senior’s Guide?
On paper, any products made for the elderly should be suitable for use by older people, but in most cases, the most important functions are hidden behind procedures that become insane. It is true that with almost all lifting devices for elderly we reviewed here are manufactured for adult, but very few do it in such a way that an elderly person can start them without having to ask how to do it.
So if you are looking for specific products for the elderly, here are a series of recommendations that you should take into account
- Brand Value: When you are out to purchase a new lifting devices for elderly or any other product, brand value is one of the factors that you should consider. When it comes to buying a branded item you want to be sure that the brand value of the company is enough to stand behind its product.
- Product Value: This simply is how much bang for the buck you get from your lifting devices for elderly.
- Customer Ratings: Number rating grade lifting devices for elderly objectively.
- Customer Reviews: Closely related to ratings, these paragraphs give you first-hand and detailed information from real-world users about their lifting devices for elderly.
- Product Quality: You don’t always get what you pay for with an lifting devices for elderly, sometimes less, and sometimes more.
- Product Reliability: How sturdy and durable an lifting devices for elderly is should be an indication of how long it will work out for you.
Preventelderabuse.org always remembers that maintaining lifting devices for elderly information to stay current is a top priority, which is why we are constantly updating our websites. Learn more about us using online sources.
If you think that anything we present here regarding lifting devices for elderly is irrelevant, incorrect, misleading, or erroneous, then please let us know promptly!
It is important that the lifting devices for elderly is not too expensive, or that it does not cost much to repair in the event of a breakdown or accident. As always, there are huge options, and depending on the idea we have, we will decide to invest more or less. Anyway, in this segment, you have some really interesting lifting devices for elderly for an emergency that is overpriced, as well as other more expensive ones that you probably don’t care about because most of the extra features are not going to be used.
Size and Style
Consider where you plan on storing your lifting devices for elderly. Traditional lifting devices for elderly are usually designed to be smaller so that they take up less space. However, some lifting devices for elderly models can be reconfigured into built-in models that fit in a cabinet. Keep in mind that built-in models usually require separate trim kit purchases.
Ease of Use
No one wants a cumbersome lifting devices for elderly that’s a pain to use. But for seniors, the concern becomes whether a lifting devices for elderly is supporting your quality of life or if it makes using more difficult. Look for a user-friendly lifting devices for elderly that makes life easier. Look for larger buttons or labels that make it easier to use if you have a vision impairment. Prioritize simple controls as well. Consider whether you can easily move it, how easily you can grip the door if it’s easy to clean, and how you can interact with the product. And especially if you pick an over-the-range model, make sure that it’s positioned at a height that you can reach easily.
For seniors, the controls and how easily they can open and close a lifting devices for elderly box are going to be some of the most important features to consider. You’ll need to find a model that’s compatible with your strength and mental acuity. Not all seniors should downgrade to the simplest lifting devices for elderly with basic functionality.
Why should you buy lifting devices for elderlyfor Seniors?
If you or an older loved one in your life need a little extra assistance hearing your favorite program, a decent pair of TV headphones will do the job. The lifting devices for elderly for seniors can create a hassle-free and comfortable sonic experience, especially for people with health issues. These lifting devices for elderly can be used for long periods without discomfort and will offer convenience.
Are lifting devices for elderly for Seniors Worth Buying?
How Long Will lifting devices for elderly for Seniors Last?
How long a lifting devices for elderly for aged people will last depends on several factors, like its quality, maintenance, and use. The product life of lifting devices for elderly changes significantly based on the type of materials and components used on it.