There are tons of landline phones for elderly out there.
Which ones are best for you? We break down what type is best for seniors and which brands to try.
After reading this article, you’ll be able to quickly decide which landline phones for elderly is right for you and your companion.
List of 10 Best landline phones for elderly: Tested by Seniors
1. VTech SN5147 Amplified Corded/Cordless Senior Phone with Answering Machine, Call Blocking, 90dB Extra-loud Visual Ringer, One-touch Audio Assist on Handset up to 50dB, Big Buttons and Large Display
- Smart call blocker: Say goodbye to unwanted calls. Robocalls on your landline are automatically blocked from ever ringing through—even the first time. You can also permanently blacklist up to 1,000 numbers with one touch.
- 50dB Audio Assist: Temporarily increases overall volume by up to 50dB and enhances sound frequencies that make speech easier to understand.
- Photo dial: Never forget whose number is whose. Program eight frequently dialed phone numbers and attach a photo to each one for convenient speed dialing.
- Big buttons, large display: Oversized buttons and an easy-to-read display screen make the system super easy and comfortable to use.
- 90dB ringer volume: The extra-loud ringer makes it easy to hear incoming calls throughout your home.
Additional Info :
2. SMPL Hands-Free Dial Photo Memory Corded Phone, One-Touch Dialing, Large Buttons, Flashing Alerts, Durable, Perfect for Seniors, Alzheimer’s, Dementia, Hearing Impaired
- 6 One-Touch Photo Memory Keys, Big Button Keypad, Redial and Flash Buttons, High-end ABS plastic and button construction
- Loud ringer volume and visual flasher, hearing aid compatible
- Desk or wall mountable, removable line connector cord, works even when the power is out.
- 4 Earpiece volume levels (Amplifies incoming sound up to 85 decibels), 3 Ringer volume settings (loud ringer: 75+ dB)
- Photo memory retained even when the phone is unplugged. Program at home and bring to your loved one with no worries (analog phone, not comparable with VoIP [Voice over Internet Protocols] systems)
Additional Info :
3. Big Button Phone for Seniors – Corded Landline Telephone – One-Touch Dialling for Visually Impaired – Amplified Ringer with Loud Speaker for Hearing Impaired, Ergonomic Non-Slip Grip
- ☎️ Pleasant to hold – our original foam handset cover provides a soft non-slip surface & comfy hold for those with grip impairments such as arthritic hands. The ideal landline phones for seniors.
- ☎️ Never miss a call – extra loud phone (40 db+) and hands-free speakerphone function with volume control. Flashing light indicates incoming calls. Great amplified phones for hearing impaired seniors.
- ☎️ Make calls fast – use picture phone memory keys to easily call loved ones or emergency numbers. Security for seniors who have dementia. The big number buttons are great for visually impaired elderly.
- ☎️ Keep it simple – memory keys are straightforward to program and easy to use; dial telephone number on handsfree speaker with one touch. Our best landline phone for seniors and top in dementia products.
- ☎️ Our promise to you – we are so confident in the premium quality of our senior phone that we offer a manufacturers guarantee; if you are unhappy with your home telephone we will replace it.
Additional Info :
4. ClearSounds CSC500 Amplified Landline Phone with Speakerphone and Photo Frame Buttons – Up to 30dB Amplification, T-Coil Hearing Aid Compatible
- ENABLES YOU TO HEAR PHONE CALLS BETTER – The ClearSounds CSC500 Telephone has a specialized (up to 30dB) amplification function that boosts the volume and tone level of the person on the other end.
- WORKS WITH HEARING AIDS – You can use the CSC500 with cochlear implants and hearing aids equipped with a T-Coil. The landline phone complies with FCC standards for Hearing Aid Compatibility.
- PROVIDES 8 ONE-TOUCH PHOTO MEMORY DIAL KEYS – Each of the eight photo-frame buttons allows you to store up to 32-digit phone numbers. You can instantly recall these numbers with a single press.
- ALLOWS YOU TO CONVERSE WITH A HANDSET OR SPEAKERPHONE – If you can’t hold the handset, press the Speaker key to activate the Speakerphone.
- ENSURES YOU NEVER MISS A CALL – You can adjust the ringer’s volume as high as 85dB. If you dislike loud sounds, you can turn on the visual flasher. It will automatically flash when the unit rings.
- WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT CSC500? Scan the QR code on the 6th product image and download the updated product manual. Don’t let hearing loss keep you from connecting with family and friends.
Additional Info :
5. AT&T BL102-2 DECT 6.0 2-Handset Cordless Phone for Home with Answering Machine, Call Blocking, Caller ID Announcer, Audio Assist, Intercom, and Unsurpassed Range, Silver/Black
- UNSURPASSED RANGE & ANSWERING SYSTEM Experience the best in long-range coverage and clarity, provided by a unique antenna design and advances in noise-filtering technology. This reliable cordless system includes a digital answering machine that can record up to 22 minutes of incoming messages, outgoing announcements and memos, and a voice-guide for easier set up.
- SMART CALL BLOCKER & CALLER ID ANNOUNCE Say goodbye to unwanted calls. Robocalls on your landline are automatically blocked from ever ringing through – even the first time. You can also permanently blacklist any number you want with one touch on the delicated key on the handset. The call block directory can store up to 1,000 name and number entries. Plus, the handset announces the name of the caller, so you can decide on answer the call or block it – screening call is never easier.
- LARGE 2-INCH SCREEN, BIG TEXT, LIGHTED KEY PAD High-contrast text on the extra-large 2 inch screen makes it easy to read incoming caller ID or call history records. Plus, the enlarged font and extra-large and lighted handset keypad allows for easy dialing in low-light conditions. This feature is especially helpful for those who are visually impaired.
- HANDSET SPEAKERPHONE, AUDIO ASSIST, INTERCOM This cordless system has built-in a full-duplex speakerphone on handset allowing both ends to speak – and be heard – at the same time for conversations that are more true to life. Also designed with useful features like Audio Assit, handset intercom to help your daily communications enjoyable.
- EXPANDABLE TO 5 HANDSET Easily add accessory handsets (use BL102-0 model) up to 5 total, with just one phone jack.
Additional Info :
6. AT&T CL82207 DECT 6.0 2-Handset Cordless Phone for Home with Answering Machine, Call Blocking, Caller ID Announcer, Intercom and Unsurpassed Range, Silver
- Digital Answering system with voice guide records up to 22 minutes
- HD audio with Equalizer for customized audio
- Backlit keypad and high-contrast LCD; Expandable up to 12 handsets
- Caller ID records past 50 names and numbers
- Smart call Blocker saves up to 1, 000 names and numbers
Additional Info :
7. Future Call FC-0613 Picture Phone for Seniors w/10 One Touch Picture Memory Keys | Dementia Alzheimers Telephones for Seniors | Amplified Telephones for Hearing Impaired Seniors | 40db Volume Handset
- MEMORY DIALING – Our picture phones for dementia patients and alzheimer’s phones for seniors along with any person struggling with cognitive decline, are the reasons that we have created the Future Call FC-0613 picture phone for seniors. With one touch dialing enabled, your loved ones can easily contact the person of their choosing with one press of a button. This push button telephone is an easy phone for seniors. When it comes to dementia products for elderly people, this phone is a must.
- AMPLIFIED PHONE FOR HEARING IMPAIRED SENIORS – Our senior phone for elderly people reaches 40db in handset volume. The handset includes a hi / low switch located on the back of the phone, choosing between 30db or 40db in volume which is the normal range for most hearing impaired phones for elderly people. Ringer Volume has options of Hi / Low / Off. This big button phone for seniors is hearing aid compatible and can also assist as a good phone for visually impaired seniors.
- ONE TOUCH DIALING – This corded phone for seniors comes in Normal / One Touch Modes located on the back of the phone. When positioned in Normal Mode, 2 Touch Memory Dialing and standard dialing are both enabled. In One Touch Dialing Mode, 1 Touch Memory Dialing is enabled however standard dialing is disabled. This phone includes 10 One Touch / 10 Two Touch Dialing memory numbers depending on which mode you choose. 911 Key is always One Touch and is reprogrammable to your desired number.
- MORE FEATURES – Pictures Measure 1″ x 1″ inches and can be placed on each button for programmable memory dialing. Programmed numbers are not lost during power outages. This landline phone for seniors is powered by the landline voltage and does not need an AC adaptor. The STORE ON/OFF Switch is used to prevent storing numbers by mistake, and must be in the ON position to Store memory numbers. Bright red lights for incoming calls, redial / pause key, Flash key for call waiting, FCC approved.
- READ BEFORE PURCHASING: This phone was primarily made for the elderly with disabilities and those with special needs. This phone does not include caller id or voicemail, it is not designed to be hung on walls but is for desktop only. It is NOT A SIP VOIP PHONE (Voice over Internet Provider) and will not work correctly if connected to a SIP VOIP NETWORK. This phone works great when connected to a Cable Tv / Internet modem. If any regular phone works on this line then our FC-0613 will work too.
Additional Info :
8. Big Button Phone for Seniors, LD‑858HF Key Amplified Telephone Photo Memory Corded Landline for Low Vision
- 【How to Take Apart the Photo】Use your fingernail or a small tool to snap the photo from the bottom of the photo upwards and it will come out easily.
- 【Large Picture Buttons】The pictured design is user-friendly for seniors home; on the key dialpad, the original 9 pictures could be replaced with your family/friends’ picture. This way helps seniors to locate family/friends’ numbers quickly.
- 【SOS One-touch Speed Dial】Designed with a red button, the SOS button is easy to find to make an emergency call.
- 【Durable Materials】Our large button phones use high quality ABS materials, heavy duty desktop phones, durable and long service life.
- 【Handset Volume Control】3 levels of volume for handset adjustable. Seniors could choose a louder, medium or lower handset volume according to their needs.
- 【Battery Free】this big button phone is landline powered and works without batteries. With good quality we provided, our seniors could use it for years without problems.
- 【One-touch Speed Dial】- 9 pictures buttons can store one-touch speed dial phone numbers, easy for the elderly and even dementia to use. More convenient to contact family members quickly in case of emergency. We advise you’d better not to unplug the telephone line easily, or the memory numbers will be lost.
- 【Last Number Redial】-This function allows you to redial the last call, which applicable to call back immediately when your first call stops unexpected.
9. AT&T EL51203 DECT 6.0 Phone with Caller ID/Call Waiting, 2 Cordless Handsets, Silver
- Enjoy a speakerphone that can keep up with your calls. Increase participation by allowing both ends to speak—and be heard—at the same time for conversations that are more true to life.
- Easy-to-read LCD on the cordless handset. High-contrast black text on a white background provides for an easy-to-read screen to view incoming Caller ID or review call history. The lighted keypad also allows for easy dialing in low-light conditions.
- Enlarged font and extra-large, backlit keys make the keypad easy to use. This feature is especially helpful for those who are visually impaired.
- Handset displays the name, number, time and date of incoming calls. Voicemail waiting indicator ( Use of Voicemail features requires a subscription from your telephone service provider, Not suitable for ages under 3 years
- By allowing you to add up to 5 handsets using just one jack, the EL51203 is ideal for your busy home or small office (model EL50003 accessory handsets sold separately).
Additional Info :
10. JeKaVis JF11W Big Button Corded Phone for Elderly Amplified Phones for Hearing Impaired Seniors with Loud Handsfree Speakerphone
- Large buttons – Easy to press and easy to see
- Amplified sound – Adjustable volume of handset, speakerphone and ringer
- Speed dial memory function – Easy to call out
Additional Info :
There are many options out there. We checked and reviewed the 10 best landline phones for elderly for seniors to help you find a suitable item for you.
How Do You Buy The Best 10 Best Landline Phones For Elderly – Senior’s Guide?
On paper, any products made for the elderly should be suitable for use by older people, but in most cases, the most important functions are hidden behind procedures that become insane. It is true that with almost all landline phones for elderly we reviewed here are manufactured for adult, but very few do it in such a way that an elderly person can start them without having to ask how to do it.
So if you are looking for specific products for the elderly, here are a series of recommendations that you should take into account
- Brand Value: When you are out to purchase a new landline phones for elderly or any other product, brand value is one of the factors that you should consider. When it comes to buying a branded item you want to be sure that the brand value of the company is enough to stand behind its product.
- Features: Be sure to check out the features in-depth. This will ensure your purchase is completely satisfying. When it comes to finding the best options, features are the key choice factor.
- Specifications: Not all specifications are created equal. The specification you need to build your cabinets will differ from that of a deck or re-insulating your attic. Check the product above for a range of specifications they offer, and choose the appropriate one for your requirements.
- Product Value: This simply is how much bang for the buck you get from your landline phones for elderly.
- Customer Ratings: Number rating grade landline phones for elderly objectively.
- Customer Reviews: Closely related to ratings, these paragraphs give you first-hand and detailed information from real-world users about their landline phones for elderly.
- Product Quality: You don’t always get what you pay for with an landline phones for elderly, sometimes less, and sometimes more.
- Product Reliability: How sturdy and durable an landline phones for elderly is should be an indication of how long it will work out for you.
Preventelderabuse.org always remembers that maintaining landline phones for elderly information to stay current is a top priority, which is why we are constantly updating our websites. Learn more about us using online sources.
If you think that anything we present here regarding landline phones for elderly is irrelevant, incorrect, misleading, or erroneous, then please let us know promptly!
It is important that the landline phones for elderly is not too expensive, or that it does not cost much to repair in the event of a breakdown or accident. As always, there are huge options, and depending on the idea we have, we will decide to invest more or less. Anyway, in this segment, you have some really interesting landline phones for elderly for an emergency that is overpriced, as well as other more expensive ones that you probably don’t care about because most of the extra features are not going to be used.
Size and Style
Consider where you plan on storing your landline phones for elderly. Traditional landline phones for elderly are usually designed to be smaller so that they take up less space. However, some landline phones for elderly models can be reconfigured into built-in models that fit in a cabinet. Keep in mind that built-in models usually require separate trim kit purchases.
Ease of Use
No one wants a cumbersome landline phones for elderly that’s a pain to use. But for seniors, the concern becomes whether a landline phones for elderly is supporting your quality of life or if it makes using more difficult. Look for a user-friendly landline phones for elderly that makes life easier. Look for larger buttons or labels that make it easier to use if you have a vision impairment. Prioritize simple controls as well. Consider whether you can easily move it, how easily you can grip the door if it’s easy to clean, and how you can interact with the product. And especially if you pick an over-the-range model, make sure that it’s positioned at a height that you can reach easily.
For seniors, the controls and how easily they can open and close a landline phones for elderly box are going to be some of the most important features to consider. You’ll need to find a model that’s compatible with your strength and mental acuity. Not all seniors should downgrade to the simplest landline phones for elderly with basic functionality.
Why should you buy landline phones for elderlyfor Seniors?
If you or an older loved one in your life need a little extra assistance hearing your favorite program, a decent pair of TV headphones will do the job. The landline phones for elderly for seniors can create a hassle-free and comfortable sonic experience, especially for people with health issues. These landline phones for elderly can be used for long periods without discomfort and will offer convenience.
Are landline phones for elderly for Seniors Worth Buying?
Many consumers take advantage of online shopping by completing the entire process from their home computers. This makes online shopping even easier for seniors, who are looking to upgrade their homes without the hassle of going to retail stores. Online shoppers also save money when they use discount codes and apply coupons to their purchases. Senior investors can also trade certificates of deposits, stocks, and mutual funds at discounted rates through online investors’ clubs.
How Long Will landline phones for elderly for Seniors Last?
Do you have older parents or a spouse that needs help getting care when they’re alone? You can help them be safe and independent by looking into medical alert systems. The key is finding the right system for your loved one’s needs, which may require some investigating.
How long a landline phones for elderly for aged people will last depends on several factors, like its quality, maintenance, and use. The product life of landline phones for elderly changes significantly based on the type of materials and components used on it.
How long will stay in your home last? The answer is partly up to you, and what steps you take to make your home safer for aging in place. Adaptive products and safety devices can help one age in their own home for years to come.